Because MedPrep II is a pass/fail course with no homework or exams, class attendance is required. There are two components of attendance in this course:
- Class is held on Wednesdays from 5-6 pm.
- Students should not register for this course if they will have regular conflicts that require them miss the class component of this course.
- Excused absences will be given for conflicts with exams taking place at the same time or for students out of town for medical school interviews.
- Excused absences will not be given other activities such student clubs, organizations, or advising appointments.
- Students are required to complete one four-hour shift every other week.
- While attendance is taken on an honors basis, spot checks are performed in order to confirm students are present for their shifts.
- Students who fail to show for a shadowing shift risk failing the course.